Start off Homecoming week right by attending the Homecoming Kickoff! Come see different groups on campus show off their Panther Pride as they compete in a fun, exciting, and thrilling competition that shows creativity and kicks off Homecoming week. You will surely leave feeling proud to be a UNI Panther and ready to take on the rest of Homecoming week.
Below are the rules that our organizations are expected to follow. Should your organization break any of the rules they will be disqualified from participating in finals. Make sure your organization checks in at the CAB table by 5:00 pm on Monday, September 30th on Lawther Field. If you have any questions please contact Mallorie Huebner, CAB Homecoming Executive, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All teams must be registered by Friday, September 27th at midnight in order to compete.
All participants will compete in the preliminary competition at Kick Off on Monday, September 30th, at 5:30 PM at Lawther Field. The top three teams from the preliminary competition will then compete in the final competition at the Pep Rally on Friday, October 4th, at 8:00 PM in the West Gym. Teams are allowed to change their routine for the final round of competition. Performance must still fit within the Pride Cry requirements listed below.
- The UNI Fight Song must be used in its entirety
- One song based around the Homecoming Theme and the UNI Fight Song must be used. This is all that may be used during your Pride Cry routine. NO SKITS.
- Routine must fit within a 38’ by 18’ space
- No sound equipment may be used
- For safety purposes, lifts and throws are prohibited
- Three minute maximum time limit
No confetti, glitter, or silly string will be permitted
Public Safety will be monitoring all Homecoming events; therefore, all alcohol or drug use is strictly prohibited. If you team is reported as having alcohol, or a member is intoxicated at the event they will be disqualified.
- Each routine will be judged on the following:
- Enthusiasm: excitement level of the team as a whole
- Creativity & Uniqueness: originality of the song and costumes
- Clarity & Expression: the song is clearly understood
- Homecoming Theme: develops a song around "To UNI and Beyond"
- UNI Fight Song must be used in its entirety